Scholarship Applications Now Open
July 16, 2016|
By Chrissy Renee|
We our excited to announce our first ever See Through My Eyes University Scholarships!
The STME scholarship program is to provide financial assistance to university students who are vision impaired or blind, who are working toward a sustainable and rewarding career in their chosen field.
Up to four scholarships of $2000 each will be awarded to undergraduate or postgraduate students. Scholarships are for one year only. Funds awarded can be spent on the following:
- Payment of university tuition fees
- Payment of student contribution fees
- Purchase of textbooks and other course materials
- Purchase of adaptive technology
- Living expenses associated with study
- Applicant must be diagnosed with a permanent vision condition that can not be corrected and meets at least one of the following:
- Visual acuity of 6/60 or less in at least one eye.
- Visual field of less than 20 degrees.
- Vision loss severely affecting daily life.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a recognised Australian University in an undergraduate or postgraduate program and be continuing the course for at least one year from application.
- Applicant must be registered with STME.
- Applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Response to application questions.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Academic results.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN AND WILL CLOSE NOVEMBER 30 2016
Further details and application form can be found here (Microsoft Word document):
Application form via Google Forms and PDF (JAWS compatible):
Google Forms Application Form: https://goo.gl/forms/JRXLj5y1fuLwBMSy1
See Through My Eyes Scholarship Application (PDF form)
To register as a client of STME, please complete the following online form: