2018 Scholarship Applications Now Open
September 01, 2017|
By Chrissy Renee|
After an overwhelming response to our 2017 scholarships, we are excited to announce our second year of scholarships is now taking applications!
The STME scholarship program is to provide financial assistance to university students who are vision impaired or blind, who are working toward a sustainable and rewarding career in their chosen field.
Up to four scholarships of $2000 each will be awarded to undergraduate or postgraduate students. Scholarships are for one year only. Funds awarded can be spent on the following:
- Payment of university tuition fees
- Payment of student contribution fees
- Purchase of textbooks and other course materials
- Purchase of adaptive technology
- Other expenses related to study
- Applicant must be diagnosed with a permanent vision condition that can not be corrected and meets at least one of the following:
- Visual acuity of 6/60 or less in at least one eye.
- Visual field of less than 20 degrees.
- Vision loss severely affecting daily life.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a recognised Australian University in an undergraduate or postgraduate program and be continuing the course for at least one year from application.
- Applicant must be registered with STME.
- Applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Response to application questions.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Academic results.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN AND WILL CLOSE NOVEMBER 30 2017
Further details and application form can be found here (Microsoft Word document):
Alternatively, you can complete the form online through Google Forms or download a PDF copy:
Google Form: https://goo.gl/forms/cCNerztBaW2z4x602
To register as a client of STME, please complete the following online form: